Holistic Brand Strategist – Content | Copywriting | SEO
Copywriter/Marketing/Design and UX Consultant (August 2020–Present)
Moving enterprise owners, agencies and non-profit organizations to excellence with actionable strategies and action-oriented content.
• Copywriting/content development • Site architecture and UX design • Project implementation/management • Platform deployment/site management • Social media strategy/implementation • SEO/keyword analysis • Video/audio production • Script and press-release writing • Print production, layout, design • Database development • Interviewing and crafting bylined and ghost-written articles as advertorials or magazine submissions
Far Western Anthropological Research Group, Inc.
Production Director (March 2018–August 2020)
Motivated and trained production specialists to maintain accurate, stringent production standards under tight deliverable constraints. Refined style-guides, streamlined processes and successfully transitioned production resources to remote operations while maintaining optimized delivery schedules.
• Managed production schedules • Edited complex documents • Ensured timely delivery of client reports/proposals • Developed/maintained style guide • Created ADA/PAC3 accessibility protocols • Refined library/production databases • Coordinated content with field scientists/specialists • Implemented successful remote office workflows • Staff development/team management
Senior Communications Specialist (August 2015–March 2018)
Effectively eliminated business silos, facilitating new sales communication strategies and digital platform development, using design-thinking strategies and UX research. Developed, deployed and fostered adoption of new sales apps for an international sales team. • Refined internal communications strategies • Content development and digital deployment
• Achieved effective cross-business communications • Developed new digital outreach platforms/protocols • Database interface/UI design • Wire-framing/UX development • Security protocols/permission/user customization • Established and met metrics for sales communications • Reported measurement of successful results • Improved internal sales communication • Bridged communications across operational silos • Facilitated design-thinking workshops and user research/surveys
AMG Media Group, Inc./Strategic Partners, LLC
Agency Director (April 2012–December 2014)/Senior Copywriter (April 2009–April 2012)
Developed several innovative insurance industry firsts and delivered on actionable digital and traditional media strategies, managing teams of on-site and global remote contractors. Managed copy development, data architecture, creative direction and marketing strategy for insurance and technology clients.
• Staff coordination • Client relationship management • Copywriting • Web design/data architecture • User research • Interface design/strategy • Creative direction for print, web, corporate identity • Network content strategy/development • Social media content development/deployment • TV/radio ad writing, production and direction • Media buying strategy/fulfillment (radio, television, Google Ads) • Creating industry firsts in competitive markets • Press releases/media management • Multi-disciplinary brand strategie
Community Manager (October 2008–April 2009)
Garnered weekly press coverage and national interview spots for corporate executives. Developed high-value web content and managed client and customer interactions for complex software (SaaS) offerings.
• Developed strategic content • Managed client satisfaction • Managed weekly regional and national media attention • Wrote/managed media for national press distributions and monthly reports• Wrote/published optimized resources • Developed new content/communication vehicles • Engaged user feedback • Key community liaison
ANOVA Architects, Inc.
Marketing Manager (June 2007–October 2008)
Coordinated and communicated complex initiatives for a sizable stakeholder group. Effectively delivered marketing strategies, advertising and outreach for a well-established and newly-merged architecture firm.
• Delivered strategic professional services qualifications; responses to requests for proposals (RFP/RFQ) • Presentation team strategy, training and coordination • Enhanced of top-of-mind presence in target communities • Budget, project and staff management • Elevated brand awareness • Strategic creation and placement of advertising • Furnished strategic development insights to new media platforms • Coordinated contractors in brand adherence • Wire-framing and website design strategies
The Greenway Group, Inc.
Managing Editor–DesignIntelligence/Associate Editor–Journal of Architecture & Design (December 2004–July 2007)
Increased membership roles for an exclusive architecture, engineering and design journal. Developed an international presence and global audience. Maintained high-volume, peer-reviewed book publishing schedule and strategic outreach for a high-profile strategic foresight design consultancy.
• Managed content development/production • Editing, art direction, layout, design, promotion and production oversight • Style guide development • Produced monthly design journal and consulting presentations resources • Increased subscriber base • Expanded international audience and contributors • Conducted industry surveys • Produced perfect-bound publications and delivered completed projects in coordination with international authors • Ghost writing of long-form articles and white papers for press in regional/international trade journals and publications
Year One, Inc.
Copy Editor/Internet Content Manager (2003–2004)
Management and production of catalog content for international automotive performance and restoration parts distributor. Staff management, digital implementation and brand management. Effectively transitioned from Quark Express to InDesign while maintaining an aggressive publishing schedule. Troubleshooting integrations of digital product catalog with InDesign templates.
Real Dad Magazine
Assistant Editor (2003–2004)
Established magazine style guide and submission strategies. Managed a pool of freelance contributors and developed original, published content. Created editorial protocols, delivery mechanisms and audience engagement strategies. Strategized editorial and cost-saving measures for a burgeoning parenting magazine.
The Marcus Institute
Communications Coordinator (2002–2003)
Brand identity management and development for non-profit healthcare facility serving children with developmental disabilities. Developed, deployed and trained teams on fundraising and donor relational database. Processed donations and gifts. Staffed fundraising events. Designed and developed new website using Dreamweaver; HTML and CSS Development. Trained in Raiser’s Edge fundraising database.
The Salvation Army-Southern Division
Public Relations Extern (2001–2002)
Supported initiatives of high-profile non-profit agency including national brand management campaign integration. Wrote speeches, press releases and successful direct mail campaigns. Coordinated and produced brochures and information for community services.
Market Research Assistant/Copywriter (2000–2001)
“Guerilla” research, competitive analysis, creative strategy and successful pitch development for a full-service creative, advertising, branding and design firm whose clients include: Mattel Toys, Sony Pictures, Subaru and Kinkos. Established original content and innovative offerings in digital research and outreach which led to the development of my own department, a key differentiator for the agency.
Experienced writer, strategist and project manager with cultivated emotional intelligence, refined communication skills and an unflagging curiosity looking for immediate challenges and opportunities to refine ideas and create smart, innovative, data-driven solutions to improve product usability and access to information.
Consumption Economics: The New Rules of Tech
by J.B. Wood, Todd Hewlin & Thomas Lah
The Design of Everyday Things
by Don Norman
Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
by Yuval Noah Harari
by Sarah Richards
by Jon Kolko
Strategic Writing for UX: Drive Engagement, Conversion, and Retention with Every Word
by Torrey Podmajersky
Don’t Make me Think (Revisited): A Common Sense Approach to Web and Mobile Usability
by Steve Krug
- Expert User of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat DC, Photoshop)
- Wireframe and Prototyping with Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision
- Experienced Content Management Software Use/Development (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla)
- Microsoft Office Suite Expertise (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Visio, SharePoint – Admin and Development)
- Google Document Suite/G-Suite/Google Workspace
- Salesforce Database and User Interface Experiences (Lightning)
- Asana, Basecamp, Jira and other Project Management Resources and Platforms
- Copywriting/Content Development
- Marketing and Content Strategy
- Wire-framing and Site Architecture
- Metadata and Keyword Analysis
- Voice, Style Guide Development and Adherence
- Database Management and Development
- Project and Team Management
- Remote Project and Office Coordination
- Creative and Art Direction
- Accountability, Integrity, Honesty
- Design-Thinking Workshop Facilitator
- Trained Communicator and Organizer
California State University, Long Beach – Bachelor of Arts-Comparative Literature (Magna Cum Lauda)
Classical Language focus. Philosophy minor. Special interest in Library Science and XML. Literary Journal Editor.
- UX Writing Fundamentals – UX Writer’s Collective, November 2020
- User Experience: The Beginner’s Guide – Interaction Design Foundation, December 2020
- Certified Cultivating Emotional Balance (CEB) Teacher, June 2019 – Cultivating Emotional Balance
- Certificate in Foresight Strategy – University of Houston, 2015
- Yoga Siromani “Teacher of Yoga” – International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre, May 2015
- Google Ads Display Certification – August 2021
- SEMrush Social Media Toolkit – August 2021
- HubSpot Marketing Software – HubSpot Academy, August 2022
- HubSpot Platform Consulting – HubSpot Academy, July 2022
- IxDF/Interaction Design Foundation
- World Futures Society
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 1 (916) 220-5573